The practice of burning sage can become a transformative daily ritual to start or end your day, shedding what no longer serves you. After you light it up, allow the sacred smoke to waft around you as you visualize you are releasing anything negative and welcoming the positive. This beautiful cork topped glass cylinder elevates an everyday object that can be used long after the sage and matches are gone.
Includes: A packet of white sage, collected while in meditation, allows for a positive energy clearing ritual. The long reach wooden safety matches are encouraged to be used while setting a positive intention. The rough cork top is cut directly from the renewable bark of cork oak trees (after being removed it grows back without damage to the trees). In addition to the cork top being environmentally and ecologically friendly, the match splints come from responsibly managed forests.
In the subatomic world of subtle energy, rituals of smoke for Space Clearing have been around for thousands of years. From Zulus to the Maori's to even present day Catholic churches (wafting frankincense), these rituals help clear negativity and carry our prayers to the heavens. Sage has been used by numerous cultures long ago, from Celtic Druids to eventually European Witches and Native American Indians.
But is it cultural appropriation to use these herbs? Here are some guidelines:
The burning of herbs itself for Space Clearing is not inherent to a specific culture, however the term "smudging" should be avoided if you are a non-Native American. This is a blanket Anglo term which in itself fosters a dynamic of oppression when the dominant culture (in this case Colonial) uses their own expression for rituals that have hundreds of other Native American names and nuances and by doing so, it minimizes its cultural importance.
When you engage in Space Clearing in a way that is done by honoring another culture through educating yourself, adapting it with respect and not doing damage, it is a culture exchange. If you were to start using Native American chants, symbolism or clothing, it is degrading and unethical.
Not only is the sage that we provide supporting a community that has the utmost respect for this herb, but it is gathered while in meditation and shared respectfully and with deep appreciation and a prayer of thanks for it's ancestral roots.
Finally, when you respectfully learn about the traditions and cultures of the Space Clearing rituals and wellness tools you energetically resonate with the most, make it your own. Don't underestimate the power of raising your vibration and the ripple effect it can have in this world, especially now.
- Glass cylinder is 9" high, topped with a 3" round cork top.
- Contains seventy five long reach, wooden safety matches.
- Striking surface is underneath the cork top.
- Wood splints are from responsibly managed forests.
- Ideal for lighting fireplaces, BBQ Grills, stoves, candles and more.
- Sage is 8" in length.
- Collected while meditating from sacred and private grounds in California.
- Light one end, then blow out to allow the smoke to waft through your home as you walk through it. Visualize getting rid of any negativity and welcoming the positive as you consecrate, clear and bless the energies of your space.
- California Prop 65 warning: The match tip contains perchlorate materials, which release carbon monoxide and soot.
- Can only be shipped ground, not by air. Sorry, cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii or anywhere internationally.