The Palo Santo tree can never be cut down. It must fall a natural death and lay untouched on the earth's floor for several years. During this time, the natural essential oils and healing properties develop and only then can it be harvested. Used for centuries by shamans of South America, when burned, this "holy wood" can powerfully purify and attract positive energy.
This uplifting, warm scent raises the vibration of your space, provides energetic protection, removes negativity and promotes healing and joy.
The long reach wooden safety matches are encouraged to be used while setting a positive intention.
The rough cork top is cut directly from the renewable bark of cork oak trees (after being removed it grows back without damage to the trees). In addition to the cork top being environmentally and ecologically friendly, the match splints come from responsibly managed forests.
Our Palo Santo comes from a traditional community in Northern Peru. The National Forest and Wild Fauna Service (SERFOR) regulates harvest and commercialization of Palo Santo to protect it from illegal harvesting that can damage and hinder its natural growth and regeneration.
- Directions: Set an intention as you hold the stick on an angle and light the tip. Visualize your intention and the outcome you desire. After one minute, blow it out so only smoke is produced. Place it on an angle, in a fireproof bowl and gently blow on the embers when needed. It may need to be re-lit several times so it will continue to release its essential oils and energetic properties.
- Glass cylinder is 11” high, topped with a 3.5” round cork top
- Twenty five palo santo sticks
- Seventy five long reach, wooden safety matches.
- Striking surface is underneath the cork top.
- Wood splints are from responsibly managed forests.